Classroom Facebook Page
- Your child's agenda book will be sent home nightly. Your child will write down their daily assignments in the agenda book. Please sign and date this book nightly.
- Your child will be given a homework folder. Inside of the folder, one pocket will be labeled "keep at home" and the other will be labeled "return to school". Any flyers or notes that can remain at home will be placed in the home side of the folder. Important papers and homework that need to be returned will be placed in the school side of the folder. Please check this folder nightly, as it may contain time-sensitive information.
- Your child will have homework almost every night; however, homework will not be assigned on Friday. Homework will be sent home in your child's "homework folder" each night on the green side. Homework should be returned to school on the green side of the folder the following day.
- In the event that your child does not return their homework, they will be given a new homework sheet to complete during recess. It is preferable that your child completes their homework at night so they can enjoy their recess time.
- We will visit the school library once a week. To ensure that all library books are back in time for library day and that books do not get misplaced, I ask that your child keeps their library book in their backpack when the book is not being read. Thank you for your understanding!
- We will celebrate your child's birthday as a class on their actual birthday, unless you request for us not to. If your child's birthday falls on the weekend, it will be celebrated the Friday before. If your child's birthday falls during the summer months, we will celebrate on their half-birthday. You may send in store-bought treats on your child's birthday; however, please be sure to avoid sending anything containing peanuts and peanut oil. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you wish for your child not to celebrate a specific holiday or their birthday, please contact me in private. I am more than willing to make accommodations for your child.
- If you need to make alternative arrangements for your child's transportation, please contact the school office.
Classroom Facebook Page
- I will regularly update the classroom facebook page. I will share homework and other important reminders on this page. I will also frequently post photos of our classroom activities; however, I will not include the names of the children. If you wish for your child not to be photographed, please contact me and I will be sure to make those accommodations.
- To "like" our classroom facebook page, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/MrsClaytons1stGrade2018to2019